Bike and Sail Tuscany, Italy
Pre-trip to Rome
Sept 12 - Sept 24, 2024
(the dates may change by one day)
Price: TBD once we have flights!
The Trip Leader
- Group transfers from Rome airport
- 3 nights at a 4-star hotel with breakfast
- Tour of Rome
- Group departure transfer from Rome to Porto Santo Stefano
- 8 nights/7 days on the MS Atlantis for a Bike & Sail
- Tour Guiding/Board manager
- Half board for the week
- Bed linen, towels (1 change)
- Final cleaning
- Trekking bike with insurance
- Harbor Fees
- All city tours & entrance fees mentioned in the program
- Diesel for 28h sail / week
- Group transfer to the Rome Airport
- Beverages on board (tally sheet, to be paid to the captain)
- E-bike: 150 USD
- Meals and beverages ashore
Experience la dolce vita: Sail and bike in beautiful Italy - Sept 15- 22, 2024
There is much to look forward to on this Sail & Bike tour through Tuscany, as you cycle in the footsteps of the Etruscans, enjoying the Italian ‘dolce vita’! The cypress, vineyards, and olive trees that cover the rolling hills characterize the typical Tuscan landscape. Picturesque medieval towns with small, cobbled streets and colorful houses invite curious visitors to linger. Sandy beaches and remote bays beckon for a swim in the glistening water.
The Atlantis as our floating home for the week allows for a carefree travel experience, sailing with us from one place to the next. Her giant sails create a true seafaring ambience.
- Culture: The Spanish fortress in the picturesque old town of Porto St. Stefano
- Nature: Azure blue sea surrounding Elba
- Activity: Take a bike ride through Tuscan scenery with its characteristic vineyards
- Culinary: A glass of the incredible local wines immerses you in ‘La Dolce vita de Italia
- Souvenir: Cheese, ham, wine, pasta and linen of all sorts make for great local souvenirs
The Atlantis is a guaranteed eye catcher in every harbor. Built in 1905 and christened Elbe 2, the Atlantis served faithfully as a light vessel in the North Sea, Germany. Afterwards she was elaborately restored as a Tallship for passenger cruises. The renovation featured a classy salon, a spacious upper deck including seats and a cocktail bar as well as 16 comfortable air conditioned guest cabins including a shower and WC. A true highlight and centerpiece of the Atlantis is the open air bar, where the dedicated crew conjures creative beverages and cocktails for the guests. Mealtimes are typically served on deck, as there is nothing better than a lovingly prepared dinner outdoors on a Tallship at sunset. The unique charm and atmosphere on board this incredible Tallship really come to life through the lively character of the crew. Their smiles are especially wide when eager guests show interest in taking part in the setting of sails.
- Cabin features: A/C, central heating, bathroom, shower, washbasin and WC
- Beds: 2 ground level twin beds per cabin
- Service: mid-week towel change and basic tidy
- Extras: 3 masts with sails (750 m² sail surface), quiet generator, sun recliners on deck, large tables and benches on deck, spacious and comfortable saloon, fully functional sailing boat
Sign Up Details
$1,000 per person, with completed and signed trip application, along with a copy of your passport. Your passport must be valid for 6 months after your scheduled return date!!
All cancellations must be received in writing by May 1, 2024.
See cancellation policy on the back of the TBSSB trip application.
May 1, 2024.
Make check payable to Tampa Bay Snow Skiers & Boarders (TBSS&B). Mail completed & signed trip application with your check of $1000 pp. and copy of passport to: Karla Newan - 9416 Silverthorn Rd, Largo, FL 33777.
Prices are subject to change based on the airlines and the fluctuation of the euro.
*** In the event travelers choose air that is not part of the air arrangement as offered in the package, then the following conditions concerning “PPPI” passengers will apply. Such travelers are considered “Participants Pursuing Personal Itineraries” or PPPI.
PPPI: It is imperative that any and all travelers arranging their own air be fully aware of the following facts pertaining to the tour program:
- Transfers between airports and hotels are always arranged for the main group and are coordinated with the main group’s flight itineraries.
- The transfers also pick up and drop off only at airport terminals that are in the main group’s itineraries. Transfers do not stop at alternate terminals for pick-ups or drop offss.
- It is the responsibility of such PPPI passengers to coordinate their flights with the group and for them to be at the appointed place and time that the group is being picked up.
- There can be no special arrangements made for PPPI passengers for alternate pickups or drop offs by the transfer companies involved.
- All the above is equally applicable to any luggage for such PPPI passengers.
- There is not credit for transfers that are not being used in this trip.
Background photo credit: Courtesy Alpine Adventures